The Armory Community Project, Inc. board members have been working very hard since Sheboygan’s Common Council has approved our plan on April 16, 2018. Following are the key successes we have achieved as we push forward in our efforts:
- The National Register Nomination has been submitted to Wisconsin’s Historical Society (May 15, 2018) and the City of Sheboygan (May 16, 2018). This nomination is necessary in order to have a building designated worthy of preservation on the national level and show it’s significance to Wisconsin’s heritage.
- A contract with a Preservation Architect has been submitted to the City of Sheboygan (May 16, 2018). A preservation architect is key in prolonging the heritage of the Armory through material, historical and design integrity.
- Historic Tax Credit applications have been submitted to the Wisconsin Historical Society (May 15, 2018) and to the City of Sheboygan (May 16, 2018).
- The Sheboygan HP Grant Program, Facade Grant for Research Work has been secured. This is a $5,000 grant retained for use by the Armory Community Project, Inc. A request for a matching grant from the Wisconsin Historical Society’s Fuldner 2 program has also been applied for.
- A letter from Baker Tilly documenting our eligibility for New Market Tax Credits has been submitted to the City of Sheboygan (May 16, 2018).
We will be submitting our finalized application for 501(c)(3) status this week and are putting the finishing touches on our New Market Tax Credit application.
We have decided that now is the perfect time to get more “hands on deck” and are reaching out to all interested parties for help. Our dreams of restoring the historic Armory and once again utilizing the amazing asset, needs the help of the community! If you would like to help us realize this vision for the community of Sheboygan, please contact us.